Mozzer just turned 6 years old a couple of weeks ago. Over these past 6 years, there is one thing that is certain: He LURVES to steal food & drink, like this Matcha Tropical Smoothie. I have to remember to NOT put my glass down in his presence!
I love smoothies. They’re a great way to pack in a lot of nutrients into a single glass. Smoothies are a perfect on-the-go drink. I like to play around with flavor combinations, and no two smoothies are ever alike.
I love matcha! MAAAAAAAATTTTTTTCCCCCCCHHHHHAAAAAAA! It’s stone ground green tea leaves, made into a powder. It goes great in coconut or almond milk lattes, delicious as a brewed tea and a nice addition to shakes and smoothies. Why? Well, it contains high levels of antioxidants. It’s known to lower LDL cholesterol in the human body, among other benefits. While drinking matcha, you are actually consuming the leaves, rather than letting them just brew or add flavor, only to be wasted later. That’s where those benefits come. Check out Nutrition Facts to learn more about the benefits of matcha!
This Matcha Tropical Smoothie combines 2 of my favorite things to drink! It really is a bright, refreshing and filling treat that’s great as a mid-day snack or breakfast time kickstart. What makes this possible is the combination of banana, mango, strawberry and lime. Whipped up with unsweetened almond milk, it allows the natural sweetness of the fruit to shine. The matcha complements the lime to ease any tartness.
Guess what? Mozzer loves this smoothie. He snuck behind me to get a few licks!
Here’s the recipe for our Matcha Tropical Smoothie. Give it a try!
- 1 c. unsweetened almond milk
- 1 medium banana
- 1 Ataúlfo mango, peeled and cubed
- 5 medium to large strawberries
- Juice of a lime
- 1 tsp matcha powder
- 1 c. ice
- Add all ingredients to your blender and set on high until all is well combined
- Pour into a glass or shaker bottle
- Add a dusting of matcha powder (optional)
- Enjoy, especially when Mozzer's not around!
- Ataúlfo mangoes are also known as Champagne Mangoes
- If you can't find Ataúlfo mango or any other kind fresh mango, you can substitute frozen mango
Reminder: Don’t leave your glass around Mozzer