Some of my favorite appliances include our Vitamix, our Kitchen-Aid stand mixer and a blender bottle? YES! A blender bottle! It’s great while on-the-go. Maybe I’m all about the spirally wire ball that comes with many of them. Nevertheless, I think it’s good to have when I’m travelling to work or somewhere far away. Throw in some simple ingredients, the ball and start moving. I’ve been known to a dance or 2.
I don’t have a favorite shake powder…yet. I do like VEGA, Garden of Life and even the vegan Shakeology flavors, but I’m often trying out something new, like brown rice protein, which I’m starting to really enjoy…like Sunwarrior from whom I recently received a Starter Pack. Sunwarrior offers a variety of protein powders for shakes and smoothies. From the Classic to the Warrior Blend in a variety of flavors, they’re raw, superfoods, gluten-, soy- and dairy-free, and non-GMO. They contain a balance of essential amino acids and really can enhance fat burning. Not to mention, they taste pretty darn good…and no chalk!
Right now, I love the Classic Chocolate. In fact, I recently put a scoop of it a smoothie bowl for breakfast! Smoothie bowls are getting to be my jam, but I turned into a bit of breakfast for dessert. I’d like to introduce you to the Yogurt Smoothie Breakfast Bowl. It’s a nice, healthy treat that’s totally a meal. Throw some yogurt, frozen banana, protein powder and ice in the ol’ Vitamix and away we go. Here’s my recipe to share!
- 1/2 c. non-dairy yogurt
- 1 scoop protein powder
- 1 frozen banana
- 1.5-2 c. ice (about 6-7 ice cubes)
- Toppings: Favorite sliced/chopped fruit, nuts, 1/4 c. cereal/granola
- Add yogurt, protein powder, banana and ice to high-speed blender
- Run blender for 2min or until smooth
- Pour/scoop into bowl
- Add your favorite toppings
- Any kind of non-dairy yogurt works here. I use soy or coconut depending on my mood
- I like to use chocolate-flavored powder, but vanilla works nicely
- Some of my favorite toppings include fresh strawberries and cereal
Like the recipe? Let us know by leaving a comment!
For more information on Sunwarrior’s protein powders and other products, visit then at sunwarrior.com