We’ve passed the Day 17 on VeganMoFo Rubicon. There’s no turning back, folks! Strap yourselves in, and enjoy the ride. Today, we’re lauding a wonderful Zsu Dever‘s fantastic cookbook, Everyday Vegan Eats: Family Favorites from My Kitchen to Yours, published by Vegan Heritage Press and available in stores and online!
If Zsu is new to you (hey, that rhymed), let us share a little bit with you. She comes from the restaurant world with a lineage of culinary pros. She’s a mom who homeschools her kids in California. She’s the blogger behind Zsu’s Vegan Pantry, which is celebrating VeganMoFo with BURGERS! Most importantly, Zsu is this week’s guest on #VeganFoodChat! Join us at TONIGHT (9/17) at 8pm ET/5pm PT!
Now, don’t you want to learn more about Zsu’s cookbook? Of course, you do! Time to get back to our regularly scheduled VeganMoFo 10-for-30 Top 10 List!
Top 10 Reasons to Add Everyday Vegan Eats: Family Favorites from My Kitchen to Yours to Your Cookbook Library
1. The Recipes Are Uber-Duber Easy! Zsu’s recipes couldn’t be simpler. Even a novice cook will breeze through her well thought out and nicely laid out books. And the pictures aren’t shabby either.
2. It Gets Down to Basics. Everything from cutting techniques, to ingredients substitutions, to menu planning are covered in this book.
3. The Recipes Use Ingredients That Are Easy To Obtain. There’s a good chance that many of the ingredients are sleeping away in your cabinets. Many can be obtained at you local supermarket.
4. It’s Category-Friendly. Soups, casseroles, sandwiches, etc, can all be found in this wonderful collection.
5. You’re Helping Our Community. By supporting vegan authors, stores, products, expos, etc, veganism will continue to spread.
6. Everything We’ve Made Tastes Great! You’ll feel the same way when you pick up this book!
7. There’s Recipes For All Seasons. Warm soups, cool salads and lotsa other seasonal selections are covered.
8. It Contains Recipes That Omnivores Will Love. Want to convert a few meat eaters? Invite a few over, make a five course dinner and watch their reactions!
9. There’s A Vegan Bacon Recipe! Everything really does go better with vegan bacon! I can’t wait to make a blt with these bad boys.
10. Mozzie Approves. Our cat is a very hard grader and even he loves Zsu’s book!
Whether you’re a novice cook or an accomplished chef, Zsu’s fabulous book is a must-add to your vegan cookbook library. You can never own too many good vegan cookbooks. Repeat after us, “you can never own too many good vegan cookbooks!”
Missed any of our previous VeganMoFo 2014 posts? You now can catch up!