Although we’re sure if it’s the “most important meal of the day”. breakfast is still an crucial meal that too many people skip or end up settling with something blah. And despite being a tad groggy in the AM, there’s no reason not to put together a quick and tasty meal before you toil away at your job. Sure, it’s easy to just stop at a local vegan breakfast spot for a quickie and we would encourage that. But for folks who don’t have such a place nearby, you’re on your own.
That’s why today’s 10-for-30 Top 10 list (which marks our halfway point) is dedicated to our first morsels of the day. Read, study and know this list! There will be a test later.
The Top 10 Best Vegan Breakfasts Made In Under 30 Minutes!
1. Tofu Scramble. One of the easiest and yummiest breakfast dishes you can whip up. There are dozens of variations and room for even more, if you like to experiment.
2. Juice. Whether you use a high-speed blender or use an old school squeezer, a simple juice is a great way to begin your day.
3. Biscuits. Who doesn’t love a good, hot biscuit in the AM? They make a great side with vegan butter and jam, are perfect for a tofu scramble sandwich or simply eaten with a savory gravy atop. Our friend Tina has a very easy and quick biscuit recipe for ya’ll.
4. Italian Brunch Scone Cups. Don’t let the name fool you, Italian Brunch Scone Cups can be eaten and enjoyed at 6:00 am as well as 11:30. For lovers of a savory, hearty, bready breakfast, these are a must!
5. Cereal or Oatmeal. Two old standbys that can be served as-are or jazzed up a bit. Have you ever put dried ginger and cranberries in your corn flakes or made pumpkin oatmeal? Try both.
6. Fruit Salad. Yet another easy, quick and nutritious breakfast meal that you can put together in minutes. Try adding cinnamon and or rose water to whatever combo you come up with.
7. Pancakes. Ah, those lovely discs of beauty. Pancakes are versatile, filling and the dry mixture can be prepared in advance. We made these Puffy Pillow Pancakes from The Post-Punk Kitchen for our take on an Irish breakfast!
8. Avocado Toast. There’s an wise old saying that goes “Two twists make for a perfect meal.” Okay, we just made that up, but it speaks true. Avocado and toast is our go-to order when we have brunch at Le Pain Quotidien. It’s also a speedy and easy dish that you can whip it in just minutes at home.
9. Hummus. Whether you prefer traditional, white bean or spicy, hummus is an ideal spread in the for boring ole toast.
10. Yogurt With Granola. in mere minutes you can have a simple on-the-go pick-me-up (New Yorkers can appreciate this). Don’t rule out making your own granola mixture.
We’ll there you have it, easy-peasy breakfast ideas you can cook in under 30 minutes. Come to think of it, many meals can be made in under 30 minutes if you plan it right and have everything on hand.
If you have any variations of some of the meals on our list or if there’s something not listed that you would like to share, please let us know in the comments below.
Missed any of our previous VeganMoFo 2014 posts? You now can catch up!