Roasts are not just for special events or holidays. They can be a great dish that can spread across a couple of meals, especially if you’re in a smaller household like we are. With Thanksgiving right around the corner, there’s no better time like now to plan for how to deal with those leftovers! We’ve got a plan in place to make you go #OMGardein, using the Gardein Holiday Roast!
The Gardein Holiday Roast is one of the best vegan roasts we’ve had, and it’s quick and easy to make! You can cook from frozen and all will be ready in about 60-75 minutes. The gravy packets only require steeping in hot water. Nothing more is needed, unless you want to do more.
What we really enjoy about the roast are the breadcrumb coating and the cranberry and wild rice stuffing. They really put the “holiday” in Gardein Holiday Roast. Not to mention, the roast itself is juicy and tender, which may seem odd for something made of soy protein and vital wheat gluten. There’s a lot of flavor in there! Yup, #OMGardein
Sorry, if you’re gluten-free, but Gardein does offer a number of gluten-free option in its line!
Gardein Holiday Roast nicely serves up to 8 and comes with 2 gravy packets! So, there may just be plenty for everyone to make your holiday compassionate and cruelty-free. If not, a second roast won’t hurt you. Compared to others on the market and the animal kinds, you can’t beat a price of around $14.99 for this roast!
If you’re lucky to have leftovers (or have a second roast on hand), we found a great way to enjoy them in a fun way…DIY Holiday Leftovers Sandwiches. This may seem like a lazy recipe, which it is, but who wants to put in any additional effort after a busy week or a massive family feast? So, here we go! It really is an anything goes type of creation!
- 8 sandwich rolls or 16 hearty slices of bread
- 1 Gardein Holiday Roast, cooked according to package
- 2 pkts. Gardein Holiday Roast gravy, prepped according to package
- 2 c. whipped sweet potatoes* (Carlo has one for you, if you want to try!)
- 1 c. your favorite cranberry sauce
- 1 c. greens
- 1 c. vegan mac & cheese
- 2 medium sweet potatoes
- 1/4 c. vegan butter
- 1/4 c. maple syrup
- 1/4 tsp. dried sage
- Salt & black pepper to taste
- Toast your sandwich rolls or bread slices
- Slice Gardein Holiday Roast into 8 equal portions. Then slice each portion in half
- Assemble each sandwich as follow: 1/4 c. sweet potatoes, two slices of roast, spoonful(s) of gravy, cranberry sauce
- If adding other leftovers, be sure to add them before the cranberry sauce and top part of roll or slice of bread
- Enjoy, especially while in front of the TV in pajamas!
- Rinse potatoes and prick skin with a fork
- Microwave for approximately 7-10 minutes
- Push ends together of each potato to open them
- Scoop out the potato into medium bowl
- Add the remaining ingredients and whip with a fork or whisk until smooth
- You really can add anything you like to this. Carmella would highly recommend some mashed turnips. Carlo would throw in some spicy peppers (of course). Have fun!
- Playing with your food is always encouraged!
Hungry for that sandwich? Yeah, us too! #OMGardein!
Question: What’s your favorite way to enjoy the holidays…and the leftovers? Share with us in the comments!