Carlo LOVES corn! If he could eat corn at every meal, everyday, he would. So while embarking on my seitan challenge, I decided I was make corn fritters for the first time. I found an easy recipe at AllRecipes.com, which I modified to make it veggie-friendly.
To view the recipe, please click here.
Here are the changes I made to it:
1. 2 packets of Stevia in place of the sugar
2. I omitted the egg and used Ener-G Egg Replacement Powder
(1-1/2 tsp of powder + 2 tbsp of warm water = 1 egg)
3. 1/2 c. of soy milk instead of cow’s milk
4. 1 tbsp. of Earth Balance margarine instead of the shortening
5. 3/4 of a 1lb bag of Trader Joe’s Roasted Corn, thawed instead of the canned corn
The end result was so good! Honestly, they tasted as if I never modified the recipe. Carlo dug them so much, especially with ranch dressing. So it looks like we have a new staple recipe to add to the box!