Los Angeles has a reputation for the best and most vegan/vegan-friendly restaurants in the U.S.. During our recent trip to the City of Angels, we put this sprawling metropolis to our vegan litmus test and the results are in! Although we wouldn’t necessarily say Los Angeles is far and away the best, they definitely crack our top 10 vegan cities we’ve visited.
Oh, and speaking of top 10, we’ve compiled our first of several L.A. top 10 lists. Keep in mind that not every place on this list is a vegan establishment. However the non-vegan places that are listed offer numerous vegan options. As always, our humble list is in no particular order.
The Top 10 Los Angeles Vegan Eats!
1. Crossroads Kitchen. Tal Ronnen’s upscale Mediterranean eatery often cracks most top 20 best U.S. vegan restaurants and it’s easy to see why. If you want to impress a client or rub elbows with vegan celebrities, Crossroads Kitchen is the place to be seen.
2. Flore Vegan. Nestled in the middle of Silver Lake, Flore Vegan offers organic comfort food in a cute deli setting. To this day, we’re unsure of its proper pronunciation, but we’re positive of its yumminess.
3. Native Foods Cafe. Native Foods Cafe is an uber-popular vegan chain with offerings that taste homemade. They also offer free refills of their absolutely delish beverages…We think Artichoke drank 4 Watermelon Frescas. Macaroon was playing a bit of mixology! HA!
4. Shojin. Shojin is a wonderful vegan Japanese spot located in Little Tokyo Shopping Center. Our friendly server spoke with us about various topics and asked for vegan suggestions for an upcoming New York trip. She also put on the show that’s listed below.
5. Seabirds Kitchen. This was Artie’s absolute favorite stop during the trip. Seabirds Kitchen’s dishes popped with fresh flavors and The Cheese Crisp (pictured below) is just about the best grilled cheese sandwich we’ve ever tried. We highly recommend this place!
6. Cruzer Pizza. An all-vegan pizzeria is something EVERY town should have, as they can convert omnis! L.A. is lucky to have Cruzer, which offers a lot more than just pizza.
7. Golden Road Brewing. Golden Road Brewing is the epitome of a vegan-friendly brew pub. Besides serving crisp and clean tasting beer and ales, they offer outstanding vegan options that most omnis can’t resist. This is the perfect venue for a mixed group of eaters.
8. Veggie Grill. The fact that we had Veggie Grill 3 times during our trip (this includes a stop on the way to to LAX) is a testament to how much we like this chain. We’re confident that Artie could live solely on their Crispy Cauliflower.
9. Organix. Organix is a vegetarian/vegan market that just so happens to serve the best “pulled pork” jackfruit sandwich we’ve ever had. Mac has certified this! We’re talking next level good.
10. Sage Vegan Bistro. Located in Echo Park, Sage Vegan Bistro is an organic cafe that offers an eclectic array of goodies that are made from produce that are procured from local farmers.
So there you have it. Did we miss any of your fave L.A. vegan spots? Let us know in the comments!
Until the next Top 10, bon appetit!