Can you believe that it’s St. Patrick’s Day already? Wasn’t it just Christmas or something? Anyway, today is the day that we celebrate all things IRISH and GREEN. And to commemorate this cherished holiday, we created a Top 10 for you to use as a guide. So get your Irish on and “Erin Go Bragh!”
The Top 10 Vegan Things to do on St. Patrick’s Day
1. Give Your Animal Companion(s) an Irish Name for the Day! Today Mozzie and Connie will be known as Liam and Erin!
2. Have a Yummy Green Smoothie at the Top of the Morning! What better way to start the day than with this tasty green breakfast smoothie!
3. Make a Veganized Version of an Irish Classic Meal. Here’s a cruelty-free recipe for Irish “Lamb” Stew from One Green Planet! After making this, please invite us over!
4. Wear You Favorite Cruelty-Free Outfit. Remember, everyone is Irish on St. Patrick’s Day so make sure to wear something fun and green.
5. Play Some Rockin’ Music From Your Favorite Irish-Heritage Vegan Musicians. Ian MacKaye (Minor Threat, Fugazi, etc.) is Irish-American and awesome!
6. March in a Local St. Patrick’s Day Parade. What better way to show your love for animals and this great holiday, than to march with a group of dedicated vegans in front of thousand of folks!
7. Go to Ireland. Naturally this requires planning, but it would make for a great trip. Make sure to check out Happycow.net to find local vegan and vegan-friendly restaurants.
8. Throw a Party. Take the day off (and encourage your friends to do the same!) and throw down a fun and festive party (at home or at a bar), complete with Irish music and veganized goodies.
9. Make Irish Soda Bread. Fewer things are as Irish as soda bread. Fewer things are easier to make and are as tasty as well! Here’s a simple recipe that will tantalize your taste buds. Make sure to bring some to your coworkers.
10. Binge-Watch Father Ted. If you haven’t watched Father Ted you really should (Now on Hulu*). It’s one of the best British sitcoms ever made! While you’re laughing out loud, eat a few vegan snacks. Ever try green popcorn?
*Notice that Hulu’s logo color is GREEN! Seredipity-do-da!
Got some cool ways to celebrate St. Patrick’s Day? Share in the comments!