Today was Day 1 of Vegfest UK London 2014 and we were overwhelmed, in a good way. Two floors of sheer veganism was enough to make our plant-based heads spin. There were vendors, comedians, awards and booze. There was food…oh, was there food! They also had authors, clothing, juicers and a trampoline. I can go on…
Since Vegfest UK 2014 was so awesome, we decided to create two separate Top 10s (one today and one tomorrow). This list could have easily been a Top 30, but we decided to stick with our VeganMoFo 10-for-30 motif.
At the time of writing this list, I’m completely and utterly stuffed! If I eat one more thing, I may end up at the chemist shop (see, I’m picking up the local vernacular). Here’s the list!
The Top 10 Things About Vegfest UK 2014: Part One!
1. We Met Ms. Cupcake. An incredibly nice and engaging person, Ms. Cupcake makes amazing desserts and conversation. She also won this year’s Best Vegan Cakes, Sweets & Desserts. Not to brag, but she credits meeting us as giving her good luck to win this year’s award. Just saying.
2. We Watched a “Stars Quiz”. A panel of very funny and talented vegan/vegetarian UK celebrities, entertained us for an hour with quips, jokes and trivia.
3. We Met An Anthropomorphic Carrot Author. Carrots can do anything. Don’t let anyone tell you otherwise!
4. We Drank. Organic stout, barley coffee and solar-powered lemonade all under one roof!
5. We Ate. Vegan hot dogs, a monstrous cherry Danish, samples from many vendors, etc.
6. We Shopped. We bought everything and anything. Some people who we do a monthly swapbox with are going to very happy.
7. We Made New Friends. Hopefully they’ll come to New York soon.
8. We Bought Gifts For People. Shhhhh, it’s a surprise!
9. We Met Patrik Baboumian. A vegan weightlifter who just happens to be one of the strongest men on the world. Obviously I’m stronger.
10. We Had Fun. It was a great day…and check out Carm’s new jacket!
So, stay tuned for tomorrow’s part two of the Top 10 Things at Vegfest UK London. We have a feeling it’s going to be even more grand tomorrow. Cheers!
Missed any of our previous VeganMoFo 2014 posts? You now can catch up!