I just felt like making cookies tonight. I was also craving bananas. Then all of the sudden, banana chocolate chip cookies came to mind. So I did a search and came across this one from Recipezaar.
- 2 1/2 cups flour (I used unbleached all-purpose flour)
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup sugar (I used Splenda)
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup walnuts (I omitted these)
- 1 cup mashed bananas
Notes: I also added 2 teaspoons of cocoa powder and 1tablespoon of peanut butter.
- Preheat oven to 350,grease a cookie sheet.
- Beat the butter& sugar, and then eggs until light.
- Add bananas & vanilla extract, mix well.
- Blend in the flour, salt, baking powder & soda until well blended.
- Stir in nuts & chocolate chips.
- Drop by spoons onto greased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes.
I only baked one dozen. I wrapped the rest of the cookie dough in parchment paper and placed it in a freezer bag. I may make more this week.
The dough is very light, almost like one for meringue cookies. While I was mixing, it had almost a marshmallow-y consistency.
Cookies have a great aroma, and taste like tiny banana bread loaves. YUM!